Sunday, August 17, 2008

Buy it all, stack it high.

Sitting in my palatial estate today, surrounded by my two great hounds, Jack and Zuleyka, my mind started to wonder within the confines of one of my fav topics, guns .. and even more to the point, how much ammo is enough to have on hand at any given time in preparation for a SHTF event.

Doing my own inventory, I found that I am in not too bad of shape, I think.

For my 12 Gauge, I have about 130 rounds of what I would call "defense" rounds(00 and slugs), plus another 60 or 70 lighter rounds- BB, #4's and the like.

In 45ACP, I have 150 rounds of the various 230 grain variety.

In 9mm, 40 rounds or so. Weak ...

In .22, 500+. Mostly the cheapo bulk Remington stuff. Gotta add a few boxes of CCI Stingers to my collection.

I do not own a rifle yet, but will probably add a .223 carbine to my arsenal(Saiga on my mind at the moment). Maybe a 1000 rounds on hand for it? Dunno. Being a city boy, I never thought about needing a rifle till the explosive entry by our local SWAT team next door.

http://savvysurvivor.com/saiga_rifles.htm

I feel a trip to the WalMart sporting goods section coming in my near future. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Remember, in a SHTF event, one can always scavange materials.

No looting though, there's no need for that.

You can go out and jayhawk ammo from criminals, but it would serve a person well to keep the income of supplies on the level.

There will be enough dead looters to pick supplies off of in the case of an event, anyway.

Just fly the Gadsden and keep your powder dry; plenty of opportunities.

drken said...

Benjamin9,
Tell me more about this explosive SWAT entry next door.

drken